Generating new clients can be a bit of a challenge for companies that provide accounting services, but accounting firms tend to have the hardest time standing out from the rest of the competition. The problem, usually, isn’t the lack of clients, but lacking marketing strategies.
Here’s a few tips.
Don’t neglect your firm’s site
Your site is the center of your digital marketing operations, and should always take first priority. It not only needs to look good, but also adhere to the strategic goal that your company and marketing is sticking to.
- What offers can you make to generate leads using the site?
- Is the site easy to navigate while being appealing?
- Think outside the box; there’s more ways to bring in people than just consultation, for example.
- Have every page call the visitor to action, relevant to that page.
Content marketing is a common buzzword, not just for accounting services digital marketing, but in online marketing as a whole. It means creating content for your firm and then using that to attract people. Its particularly important for newer businesses, as referrals and leads come in based on thought leadership long before reaching out becomes viable.
You need to understand that it’s more than just having a blog. You need to provide content that’s thoughtful, and meaningful, something that shows off your expertise on a relevant topic and helps with their problems.
With how ubiquitous search engines like Google are these days, it makes sense that SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is so important. SEO seems complicated, but it isn’t really, it’s all about telling Google the story of your webpages.
- Make your titles keyword rich.
- Custom URLs with keywords are important.
- Put an <h1> tag that tells people and Google what your page is about.
- In turn, make sure the content in the page is actually related to the title and the <h1> tag.
Social media marketing
Everyone, well nearly everyone, has a Facebook page or some sort of social media account. This means that these social media platforms are ripe for advertising, giving your marketing a much needed boost in reach and scope. It’s cheap, effective, and easy to work with.
- Pick your network. Facebook or LinkedIn are the top bananas right now.
- Create an ad for a good asset.
- Define your audience and stick with it. Precision-targeted ads do better.
- Take advantage of lead capture.